For: People wishing to develop a broad understanding of marketing and \ or an ability to discuss marketing issues in English.
Aim: a) To develop an understanding of the main principles of product marketing; how to maximize selling opportunities and how to effectively promote the company and the product.
b) To develop the confidence and ability to use English to discuss marketing issues.
Outcome: On successful completion of the course, students will have gained a broad understanding of marketing principles and practices and be able to discuss marketing in English.
All lessons are in English
Content: The following topics are covered in the course:
• role of marketing; market planning; market segmentation
• buyer behaviour
• marketing mix; branding; product line decisions
• international marketing strategies
• market research techniques
• developing a new product
• sales and sales presentations
• telephone sales and marketing
• advertising: direct mailing
• public relations
• pricing strategies