For: Anyone new to the responsibilities of maintaining business
accounts and financial records.
Aim: The course aims to provide students with the financial management skills required in today’s commercial environment and to give them the ability to do use these skills in English.
Outcome: On completion of the course, students should be aware of the requirements for, and have gained the skills needed to maintain, good financial management techniques. They should also be confident in using English to discuss banking and finance issues.
All lessons are in English
The course will include the following: role of the accountant; accounting
• final accounts;
• accounting conventions;
• company structures
• bonus issue and rights issue
• cash flow accounting: ratios
• regulations and reporting
• information for decision making
• joint cost allocation
• profit maximization
• operational gearing
• pricing and costing strategies
• capital budgeting processes
• recent developments in financial management